Who doesn’t love a good potato..right?
[ Wooops, i took a bite out of it before i took a photo 😛 ]
Tonight i was so busy baking i forgot i needed to have dinner, so when my housemate suggested baked potatoes, I was completely on board.
Mind you neither of us had the patience to sit and wait for the oven to do the cooking.
So here’s my shortcut to a good, and quick baked potato, with all the oven-y goodness but in much less time
- Grab a potato and wash it
- Mark up the potato lengthwise and with a few horizontal cuts
- Microwave your potato for about 5-8 minutes on high. This will not only soften the potato but it will make those knife cuts part so you can stuff some deliciousness in there.
- Once they’re out of the microwave put in some butter or margarine and chuck em in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Take em out, add some cheese and whatever else you feel like. We felt like a sprinkle of salt, olives, ground pepper and chilli sprinkles and bake for about 5-ish more minutes
- Voila! Dinner’s ready 😀