Have I mentioned breakfast and brunch are my favourite meals? J
A while back before I left Perth I had an amazing hot-pot-like bowl of amazingness with an egg on top, all baked, with sourdough…(is your mouth watering?)
Then while I was in recovery from my ACL surgery, mum was in town and bought two cute little ramekins and ideas just started popping into my head left, right and centre.
I had limited veg in the fridge at the time and was still in a splint and on crutches but I was determined to give the recipe a go.
What you’ll need
- 2 eggs
- 5 Tbsp Tomato paste + ½ cup water OR 2/3 cup Italian passata (see my post on my favourite ingredients)
- ¼ cup small diced Sweet potato (or similar)
- ¼ cup diced Red Capsicum (or whatever colour capsicum you have)
- ¼ cup chopped Soy sausages (or meat sausages if you swing that way)( you can also leave this out)
- 2 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1/4 stock cube
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180oC
- In a small sauce pan heat a little cooking oil, add garlic, herbs, chilli flakes.
- Add all vegies and stock cube and saute for 2 minutes
- Add sasuages
- Add tomato paste+ water or passata and cook off for about 2 mins
- Add pepper
- Spoon sauce into 2 small ramekins equally OR spoon sauce into an oven proof dish
- Crack eggs on top
- Put a little pepper on top and if you have parsley or coriander a couple of leaves are always nice
- If you like your yolks soft take them out a max of 30 seconds after the whites are cooked. If you like them fully done you can generally leave them for between 7-10 minutes depending on your oven
If you aren’t using small ramekins you can use more chunkily diced vegies. Add beans or spinach. The options are endless!