You know that 75c cake mix that I’ve mentioned a few times, well there is a way to turn it into cookies. You can make them crisp or chewy and its fast and very easy!
What you’ll need
- Vanilla Cake mix
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil or ½ cup melted butter/margarine
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180oC
- In a medium bowl add cake mix, choc chips, ground ginger, eggs and oil
- Combine well
- Shape into balls and bake from 18-20 minutes, checking often.
- If you’re looking for a chewy texture, take the cookies out at about 12 minutes (they would have spread but not be fully cooked. Allow to cool. Place back in the oven from 10 -15 minutes
- For a crisp texture keep in the oven for 20-25 minutes, but check on them to make sure they don’t get burnt
These cookies are very easy, and you can even vary them and make smores cookies if you have chocolate cake mix as well. Just add marshmallows, graham crackers (or equivalent) and a few choc chips. I made a rocky road/smore cross with marshmallows, almonds, choc chips and a pinch of cardamom and nutmeg just to add some spice.